Was Your Claim Wrongfully Denied? Hire a Texas Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer.
If your property has been damaged and requires expensive repairs, you want to be able to take advantage of the benefits that your insurance provider has promised you. So what if your provider denies your claim, even though it is entirely valid? Our Texas bad faith insurance attorneys at Brasher Law Firm, PLLC want you to know that you do have options.
We have over 22 years of combined legal experience handling insurance claims, throughout which we’ve seen numerous instances of unreasonable denials and have been able to successfully fight them. As an AV Preeminent® rated firm, we have the resources and competence you need to confront your insurance provider confidently and aggressively to seek the settlement you deserve.
Common Excuses They’ll Make
Failure to pay a settlement that is owed under the terms of your insurance policy is a bad faith practice. While there are legitimate reasons why a claim may be denied, the reasons insurance companies provide you with may be irrelevant, untrue, or vague. Understanding the common excuses for claim denials can help you determine if your insurance provider is acting in bad faith and wrongfully denying your claim.
An insurance provider will often deny a claim due to the following circumstances:
- Coverage has expired or lapsed
- Claim contains incorrect or missing information
- The damage is a policy exclusion
- Homeowner’s lack of immediate action
- Homeowner’s failure to take necessary precautions
- Damage existed before claimed incident
These denials can be a result of misinterpretation by an adjuster, mistake or negligence of an agent, or technicalities and simple human error. No matter the cause, the reason for an insurance claim denial must be justified, or else the provider is acting in bad faith and should be held accountable.
What to Do Next
Whether a consequence of honest mistakes and agent errors, or a result of intentional misconduct and bad faith actions of an insurance provider, you should never accept a wrongful claim denial. We are committed to helping you take any and all necessary actions to hold your provider accountable for providing the benefits you deserve.
We can help you take the following steps to fight wrongful denials:
- Interpret the claim denial – the legal jargon and wording can often be convoluted and difficult to read. We have the knowledge you need to simplify the language to help you understand why your claim was denied in the first place.
- Understand your policy – much like claim denials, policies can be full of technical, complicated wording. With our help, you can make sense of your policy and your rights to determine whether or not a denial was valid.
- Prove your case – we will help you compile all the information you need to prove that the cause of your property damage is covered, including pictures of damages, documentation of facts regarding the incident, and witness testimony.
We Want to Help You Take Action
If your claim for coverage has been denied without valid reason, Brasher Law Firm, PLLC is ready to help. Too often, insurance agencies get away with bad faith practices because policy holders are unaware of their options for standing up to them. Our Texas bad faith insurance attorneys will work with you one-on-one to help you navigate the legal process of holding providers accountable for the benefits they promised you.
We are dedicated to seeing all of our clients succeed, so we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you will only pay us if we win your case, so you have nothing to lose by getting started. You deserve the chance to rebuild your home and move on with your life; let us help you fight for it.
I was referred to Nishi and Brasher Law Firm after my father had trouble getting paid for a claim from his insurance company. Not only did I find Nishi to be prompt, courteous and professional… but she was also extremely knowledgeable and efficient. There aren’t enough available stars for my family to express our gratitude for her service! Thank You!D. Ware
Our claim was complicated by the fact that our Declarations page did not correctly state the coverages for our commercial buildings. Without your firm, we had gotten nowhere with the insurance company or agent. With the help of The Brasher Law Firm, we not only received the money we needed to fix our buildings, but a little more. I have no problem recommending your firm to anyone with an insurance dispute.Glenda ThompsonSecretary/Treasurer of Snappy’s Express Mart (relating to Snappy’s Convenience Store and Mini Storage Units)